RYC is both a sailing school and a naval training center
The Raiatea Yacht Club (Marina ‘Āpo’oiti) is not-for-profit association whose purpose is to promote sailing for EVERYONE.
- The sailing school is affiliated to the Tahitian sailing federation and has Optimists, Access dinghies (handi-sailing), Hobie-Cat 16s and Windsurfs. Group & one-on-one classes are available, as well as training and raids for kids (from age 5) and adults.
- Open-sea cruise school: Learn how to navigate on the open sea aboard the “Sylphe”, and take training classes, one-on-one and group classes with Sarah.
- The RYC organizes yacht regattas in the form of championships.
- Available boats : Optimists, Windsurfs, Hobie-Cat 16s, Sylphe.
- The naval training center is accredited by SEFI: Motor boat licenses and open-sea licenses, 5th module of the BC500, certificates of lagoon navigation (CPL).